Crowan Parish Council are pleased to announce that the public convenience at The Plan in Praze An Beeble has now been re-opened following closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Those using the facilities should adhere to the safety information signs and social distancing measures that are in place. (See below)
Do you need food but can’t afford it and live in the Helston and Lizard area?
Our foodbank is run by the community, for the community. It’s all about helping each other and recognizing that nobody in our area should face going HUNGRY
If you need more information or have questions about how to use our foodbank please ring: 01326 564 194
Helston & the Lizard Foodbank
14-16 Wendron Street, Helston,
Cornwall TR13 8PS
(opening hours 10am to 2pm Mon, Wed & Fridays)
Sorry… No trick, or treat, meet or greet this Halloween
Due to the ‘rule of six’ which applies indoors and outdoors, gatherings that exceed this limit, such as traditional Halloween parties and social events, cannot take place this year.
Police and partner agencies are encouraging trick-or-treaters to stay at home to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Some people, particularly if elderly or vulnerable, might be distressed by strangers knocking at their door during the evening – even more so during a global pandemic.
Halloween at home – alternatives to trick or treating for families and young children
- Organise a Halloween themed scavenger hunt around your house or garden.
- Arrange a virtual fancy dress party online and invite your friends and family.
- Out-boo your neighbours and have a window decorating competition.
- Get creative in the kitchen. Go online to find the recipes for spooky snacks.
- Decorate your living room and create your own scary cinema.
- Play Halloween inspired games with your friends and family.
- Try safely carving a pumpkin and share images with your friends.
Network Rail Wales & Western are continuing their programme of rail improvement works keeping the railway safe and reliable.
The planned engineering work will protect the route between Reading and Taunton for years ahead and ensure the safety of train services between London and the South West. As a result of these works, we will be unable to operate some trains as normal on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 November.
More information can be found on our website at www.GWR.com/Wessex, and the key details are listed below.
As we get closer to the work taking place, we will be letting customers know about the temporary changes through traditional and social media, and through information on trains and at stations. Any help you can give us with that will be great, and if you do have any further questions, or pick up any concerns or queries, please feel free to pass them on.
Head of Public Affairs | GWR
Head of Communications | Network Rail, Western
- Most long-distance services running between London and the South West will be diverted via Bristol between Reading and Taunton on these dates, adding up to 15 minutes to the journey time.
- However, some stopping services via Newbury will still operate – terminating at Westbury on the Saturday or at Frome on the Sunday with replacement buses running to Castle Cary and Taunton.
- Trains from Bristol to Weymouth will terminate at Frome on both dates with replacement buses to Bruton and Castle Cary where trains then continue to Weymouth.
THREE CASUAL VACANCIES HAVE ARISEN FOR PARISH COUNCILLORS OF CROWAN PARISH COUNCIL
1 IN PRAZE WARD AND 2 IN LEEDSTOWN WARD
Interested parties should apply in writing stating their interests, qualifications and suitability for the position and enclosing a CV addressed to:
The Parish Clerk at the address given above.
Please note: Applications will only be considered from persons over age 18 who
(a) are registered as a local government elector for the Parish;
(b) have during the whole of the preceding twelve months occupied as owner or tenant, any land or premises in the Parish;
(c) whose principal or only place of work during the preceding twelve months has been in the Parish;
(d) have during the whole of the preceding twelve months resided in the parish or within 4.8 km thereof.
Please note that the role of Parish Councillor is voluntary and unpaid.